Media Advisory | (الخبر باللغة العربية)
Joint Press Briefing: Third Year Anniversary of Syria crisis
- As the conflict in Syria approaches another sombre milestone, UNICEF’s Executive Director Anthony Lake is inviting the media with himself, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres, Mercy Corps VP of Global Engagement/ Advocacy Andrea Koppel, Save the Children UK CEO Justin Forsyth, and World Vision Regional Director Conny Lenneberg for a joint Press Briefing.
- UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres
- Mercy Corps VP of Global Engagement/ Advocacy Andrea Koppel
- Save the Children UK CEO Justin Forsyth
- World Vision Regional Director Conny Lenneberg
- Chair/ Moderator, UNICEF Deputy Communication Director Edward Carwardine
- Saturday 15th March 2014 at 11am.
- Carthage conference room at the Phoenicia hotel, Beirut, Lebanon.
- The lives of 5.5 million children have been affected by the three years of conflict; the number needing humanitarian assistance has more than tripled in the last year alone, underlining how severe the situation has become.
- 1.2 million of these children are now living as refugees outside Syria in Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq and Egypt.
For further information, please contact:
- UNICEF: Soha Boustani, tel: +961 3 236 167, email: email@example.com
- UNHCR: Dana Sleiman, tel: +961 3 827 323, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercy Corps: Cassandra Nelson, tel: +44 778 6628175, email: email@example.com
- Save the Children: Marion McKeone, tel: +961 78818795, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- World Vision: Patricia Mouamar, tel: +961 3 002 267, email: Patricia_Mouamar@wvi.org